Westerly Creek Connection (WCC), a citizen advocacy group, was formed in 2008. This non-profit grassroots organization seeks to facilitate the development of a greenway along Westerly Creek, linking the heavily urbanized areas along the Denver-Aurora border, including the Lowry and Stapleton neighborhoods.
The redeveloment of 9 blocks of green space along the Westerly Creek will incorporate existing parks and an open water channel. Ultimately, this urban greenway can connect communities throughout the metro area, from the Highline Canal in the south to the Sand Creek Regional Greenway in the north.
WCC has adopted the following goals and guiding principles:
- creating green space in increasingly urban areas
- enhancing public safety with flood protection
- encouraging economic redevelopment along East Colfax Avenue and Yosemite Street
- providing neighbors with a choice and voice in changes
- collaborating with UDFCD and other government agencies
- identifying funding for urban pathway development
Please send your questions, comments or concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Involved citizens are the key to actualizing this project, so let us know where your interests lie!
The Westerly Creek Connection